Liability's Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liability's Official Forum

A world of warcraft raiding Community on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dena's ranty thread

Go down 
+2
Isita
Dena
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dena
Bunny Elf
Dena

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Dena's ranty thread Empty
PostSubject: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:28 am

Well... this is just me talking but, we need to recruit 3-4 stable raiders to get somewhere in Karazhan.

Having members that's not raiding isn't really possible in a raid community and we've been a few people short for each raid.

So... what can we do? well... we could recruit and there's two ways to do this really the AD boards or poking people and checking wether they'd be interested.

I'd rather wait with the AD boards till we're poking the Curator but that's just me.

So if you have any friends that you'd love to raid with or decent people that you've heard are looking for a group... let's try poking those.

As to what we need to recruit. And again this is just my assessment as I'm as far as I know not in charge of recruitment or what we need.

Two healers. One of which should be a paladin the other a druid, paladin or shaman.
Ranged dps, two to three of these I think. Warlocks, mages and maybe an elemental shaman.

From what I've understood TBC endgame isn't overly friendly towards melee dps so we should have what we need there.

I'll stop ranting and stuff now and let whoever disagrees with me have a word.

/Dena

Last edited by on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dena
Bunny Elf
Dena

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:40 am

Or actually I won't.

I thought I'd have a say of what I think we're looking for in our recruits -grins-

Attendance.
Noone can attend every raid but a fairly high attendance is needed, having a large group will gear us up more slowly and it will take longer for everyone to learn each encounter.

Speccs.
While I'm quite open to most speccs if we recruit someone for a specific purpose in the raid I'd expect them to remain specced that way. Or at least have a specc that is good for it.
Now if have an opening for a dps warrior f ex and a tank wishes to specc that way I'd say sure as long as we have a replacement to fill that spot.

there's more but that's what I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
Isita
Isita's Dominated Love Slave

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 am

I actually agree with everything you say here.

Also, there is always the opportunity to "trade" speccs for a week or so.

Like if Dena want to pewpew, she speccs for that while I specc for healing. (This might be a bit off because of gear though)

I s i t a.
Back to top Go down
Arrain
Admin
Arrain

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:06 am

As for attendance I have so far had a very high one back in Vanguard, but the coming weeks are a bit bumpy for me. Just had a big test which had me glued to books for a week, and I will soon have to go home'ish due to picking up a car and fixing some other stuff, which will probably steal another week. I'll try to be around as much as I can, but loads of holes in my availability for at least a little while longer.

Figured I could just as well add it here >.>
Back to top Go down
https://liability.forumotion.com
Dena
Bunny Elf
Dena

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 am

As I said, noone can make every raid I'll have a test in a couple of weeks that'll glue me to the books for a week.

The issue is wether you normally attend or not.
Back to top Go down
Teraniel

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 9:08 am

I know that I have been somewhat of a liability (not a liability, but a Liability) due to a more than unstable workschedule. this is now solved and as such I should be able to become the regular I was in the Vanguard, raiding every week. not sure if this suits thios post, but I thought I'd mention it
Back to top Go down
Thisdan
Thisdan

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:01 am

Dena wrote:
From what I've understood TBC endgame isn't overly friendly towards melee dps so we should have what we need there.

Just a quick comment on this - Blizzard is going to make some changes since they have realised that rogues and such just die way, way too much. Changes like reducing cleave arcs on mobs, going away from 360 degrees, to a more 'normal' 90 or 180 degree cleave range.
Back to top Go down
Wai
Dry Muffin
Wai

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:00 am

In terms of attendance, I can be there for every raid with the exception of Sundays. I only have a few hours on a Sunday and I don't wish to spend that in a raid so I can usually be found on one of my numerous alts.
Back to top Go down
Dena
Bunny Elf
Dena

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:51 am

Since we never really decided between saturdays and sundays perhaps we could alternate those? in case some people have a hard time making it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dena's ranty thread   Dena's ranty thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dena's ranty thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liability's Official Forum-
Jump to: